British Virgin Islands (BVI) law firms have been heavily involved in advising hedge funds hit by the rapid decline in market conditions and investor sentiment. The fallout from the Bernard Madoff fraud is also being keenly felt in the jurisdiction. Litigation specialists expect a spate of lawsuits in the second half of the year.
For now hedge fund restructuring work dominates. The need to restructure stems from the liquidity mismatch inherent in many hedge funds. The classic example is a fund
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia