While the nineties may have played out like a Beach Boys' song, with everybody surfing the waves of market highs, the new millennium brought with it something more akin to a wave of destruction washing far into the economic hinterlands. Beset by a double whammy of tumbling equity markets and low interest rates, it left institutional and retail investors alike scrabbling for returns, their funding plans in disarray.
And so followed the arduous process of cleaning up, clearing out and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines