Over the past two years, there has been a steady net outflow from hedge funds by European investors. The prediction of positive inflows for 2011 signals a major shift in sentiment.
Total European investable assets are estimated to be $20 trillion, of which only 2%, some $400 billion, is invested in hedge funds. Institutional investors hold the majority of investable assets (73%) but have a lower percentage allocated to hedge funds than private investors (1.2% vs 4.4%), due to liability and
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules