“Myself and [co-founder] Robert Gardner spent several years in investment banking and risk management is our background,” he says. Konotey-Ahulu spent six years as a managing director in the pensions and insurance strategic solutions division of Merrill Lynch, after 10 years at NatWest Capital Markets, while Gardner spent four years at Deutsche Bank before moving to Merrill Lynch in 2003.
Konotey-Ahulu ran the ALM group at Merrill Lynch. Casting one’s eye around the investment banks today, most
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product