Petr Posker is not the first Czech fund manager to choose Malta and judging from his experience he will not be the last. As investment director and senior portfolio manager at Atlantik Asset Management (AM), Posker’s decision to domicile his first hedge funds in Malta was a combination of pragmatism and convenience.
First, Posker wanted a well-regulated, onshore jurisdiction within the EU. Posker thought Luxembourg and Dublin were “crowded” and they were more expensive than Malta.
Posker says the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more