It goes without saying that in this age of technological innovation, it is very difficult to predict with any precision where any industry will be in five years' time.
If assets flowing into the hedge fund sector continue at this rate (or even at a slower pace), hedge funds will soon be managing more than $2trn, even without straying in earnest into the retail investment sector.
If the flow of assets dries up, it will be because an enormous scandal has finally burst the hedge fund bubble and
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product