Global Fund Analysis (GFA) is to launch a portfolio which hedges against volatility by investing in a small band of sector-specific managers with an overlay of short positions.
The objective of the Global Sector Fund will be to generate excess returns against cash within a managed tracking error.
The Cayman-domiciled fund, due for launch later this year, will be managed externally by Piotr Poloniecki of Apollo Advisors. Manager selection will be shared by GFA and Apollo.
The first stage of the fund
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines