While others are fighting to eke out extra room in a popular, full portfolio, London-based Gary Vaughan-Smith, head of ABN Amro's Alternative Investment Group, is looking with his team for 'tomorrow's winners'.
"The industry has always displayed a herd-like mentality, but not because it's institutionalised - it's because there is a little network of people talking to each other. They all chase the same funds, move quickly towards the hot managers and then everyone fights for capacity," he
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines