As the position of Europe’s offshore hedge fund jurisdictions continues to be debated, the Isle of Man is determined to increase its share of the market. Following a comprehensive reform in 2007 of the island’s fiscal, regulatory and legislative structures, the Isle of Man is again looking closely at its fund regulation with an eye to staying competitive within Europe.
According to Roxanne Oldham, head of the policy and legal division at the Financial Services Commission (FSC),
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines