Emerging markets, including Asia's, may have given some investors palpitations over the past month, but China experts say the region's largest market still offers long-term opportunities.
However, looking beyond the short-term volatility in the markets, Khiem Do, manager of the Baring China Absolute Return Fund, says of China's economy: "Growth is very strong at the moment." Following the announcement of the 10% real GDP growth figure for the first quarter of 2006, the People's Bank of China
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?