jade absolute Asian equity long/short hedge fund performance was up 2% for August. So far the fund has raised $10m since it was launched in June.
Freddy Cremer, chief executive of Jade Absolute says: "The fund is ahead of the game, but Asia is taboo at the moment, one day it is up and the next day it is down."
The fund has more shorts than longs and is long in resource stocks in Australia but short in oil sensitive stocks such as airlines.
With regards to the situation in Asia, Cremer says the
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia