Commodities have not been immune from the volatility in financial markets in the past month - even though the macro underpinnings of the supply/demand imbalance in favour of a bull market case have not altered.
Laurent Chevalier, head of manager research and investments at Swiss-headquartered fund of hedge funds house Unigestion, notes that, of late, commodities have suffered sell-downs that may have ignored fundamentals, occurring instead because commodity portions of portfolios were easiest
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines