Two main regulatory issues exist when establishing hedge funds and hedge fund management firms in France, according to Alexandre Ippolito and Francois Leloup, partners at White & Case in Paris.
The first is a strengthening of constraints around people who "used to act as managers and advisory companies or those that were not considered as managers themselves, the lawyers say.
"Employees of advisory firms are now (included) in regulatory rules whereas in the past they could really act without
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia