Demand for office space across central London remains strong and rents for prime space are now increasing. At the end of the second quarter of this year, prime rental growth stood at 26% per annum, the highest rate on record since 1990 and up from 20.6% just three months earlier.
Prime rents in the West End and the City have been escalating steadily for some time and have now reached £90 per square foot and £55 per square foot, respectively, in core areas.
Recent occupational transactions at
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia