"Scalability is essential for the administrator," says Don McClean at UBS Ireland. "The industry needs to focus on cost reduction and scale. Client interfacing will remain and will be tailored and therefore probably not commoditised in the near future. The delivery of service to a client has to remain flexible.
John McCann of Trinity Fund Administration says the institutionalisation of the alternative asset management industry "will enhance the role of the large multi-service administrators,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules