Omar Kodmani, senior executive officer of fund of funds group Permal Investment Management in London describes the US attacks as a 'defining moment in many ways'. He believes that this situation has been a 'classic test of whether hedge funds work and provide downside protection'. He says that on balance hedge funds have done what they are supposed to do and the multi-manager approach was helpful in this environment.
Permal has traditionally been a supporter of macro strategies and earlier this
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product