"Do we believe there is an opportunity to look for alpha in MENA? Yes. In the long term it makes sense to look for alpha," says Tarek Sakka (pictured), CEO of Ajeej Capital, an alternative investment manager focused on the emerging broader MENA region and the investment manager of the Ajeej MENA Fund.
Although MENA markets present attractive opportunities, there are a number of sectors in the region that face serious challenges, says Sakka. "Managers can pick and choose which sectors to be in and
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?