The rash of recent European long/short may not be finding favour with fund of funds managers, who rated this strategy's performance as poor in the latest monthly survey of multi-managers' opinions by Hedge Funds Review.
Fund of fund managers rated performance and outlook for European equity poor, along with that of technology sector hedge funds, and turned most readily instead to event driven arbitrage and macro funds, along with market neutral equity funds.
Among arbitrage the highest allocations
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules