Kenneth Farrugia, chairman of FinanceMalta, believes the country offers an attractive cost- and tax-efficient base for financial services operators looking for compliant yet flexible domicile within the EU.
FinanceMalta’s main aim is to promote the island’s financial services. Farrugia points out that Malta has a modern and effective legal, regulatory and fiscal framework in which financial services operate.
The country has some significant strength to offer, says Farrugia, listing a well-trained,
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines