Latin America as a region has profited from commodities' apparently relentless bull-run. However, managers have noted much of the region stands at the brink of potential transition, as a slew of elections take place during 2006.
Will Landers, fund manager of Merrill Lynch Investment Managers' (MLIM) Latin American Fund, focused on equities, believes elections scheduled for Mexico in July and Brazil in October will have no negative impact on those countries. In Brazil, the Left's candidate,
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks grapple with social media risk
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product