"It's like a truck full of chickens having a head on collision in an intersection and everyone watches it through their windows. It's a big mess but everyone is afraid to go out to the intersection to clean up the chickens - but eventually it gets cleaned up."
This is the metaphor used by Geoffrey Gwin Group G Capital Partners CEO to describe the situation in the fixed income markets that started in 2007. The crash followed the bad news about financial services companies and their exposure to sub
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data