Abbey National is considering the launch of three hedge funds aimed at high net worth individuals and institutional investors in Europe, but has not yet made a firm decision.
In an interview with Reuters, Scott Jamieson, head of strategy with Abbey National Asset Managers in Glasgow, said: "It has the status of a project and is being assessed according to a whole range of criteria and that analysis is not complete".
They would start with at least $147m of external money. The funds would
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules