If you want an illustration of the influence of China in the world of commodities, look no further than Carmel Daniele at CDCapital and the firm's fund, the CD Private Equity Natural Resources Fund.
There has been ever more media coverage of China buying up mines around the world, but they are also increasingly snapping up the world's mining firms, mainly privately thus far.
Enter Carmel Daniele and CDCapital, whose fund is busy investing in pre-IPO natural resource and commodities firms, to
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?