Altegris Investments has launched as a broker dealer specialising in providing investors with access to hedge funds and other alternative investments.
The company, which was previously a unit of Man Financial, was founded by Jon Sundt, president of the new firm. He was formerly a senior vice-president of Man and ran the managed investments division in La Jolla, California, which he founded in 1994.
Altegris will operate independently but is also a guaranteed introducing broker for Man
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?