There is a thriving fund-of-hedge-funds culture in Chicago, according to Scott Schweighauser, partner and chief investment officer of Harris Alternatives, a fund of hedge funds manager with approximately $11bn under management, which is based in the city. "We see a lot of managers coming through Chicago," he says.
But that doesn't mean the firm will invest in everyone they see. Harris has a database containing more than 7,000 hedge fund managers, which has been whittled down to the 69
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?