Interest in hedge funds is at an all time high but small players are finding the market difficult to break into or hold onto.
According to research carried out by online data provider Morningstar, fund groups in Europe are moving away from the belief that hedge funds will dominate the launch landscape in the coming 12 months.
Of 61 European fund groups questioned in April, 66% now believe launches in the next 12 months will be dominated by long-only. That figure was up from just 47% in January.
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE