Prime brokers have been a boon to the hedge fund community, providing an excellent service on daily profit and loss reports and position statements quite apart from their central activity of equity financing.
Such information has allowed hedge fund managers to be more aware of their exposure and helped them manage their risk.
The bull market of the past eight years or so with occasional reversals has promoted the usefulness of prime brokers. Their involvement is especially valuable in
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants