Daniel Mignon, whose background was in stock brokerage and asset management, founded Alpstar in 1996 which today has become widely known for being arguably one of the more successful credit-related European hedge fund groups.
On selling his business in 1996, Mignon managed private wealth at Alpstar between 1996 and 2001 and launched the Alpstar funds of hedge funds.
He then partnered with Nicolas Bravard in 2002 and together they began launching single-manager products and expanding the operations
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts