Hedge funds on a losing streak
Hedge funds are on their biggest losing streak since 2008, posting negative returns for the fourth consecutive month in June. The Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index ended the month down 0.14% as hedge fund managers found the frequent trend reversals and shifts in sentiment a difficult environment to operate in. The month’s decline contributed to quarterly performance of negative 2.3%, the worst quarterly performance according to Eurekahedge data.
However, most regional
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants