Stuart Mitchell, director of J O Hambro Investment Management in London emphasised the opportunity in Europe for long/short hedge fund managers from his experience running the Charlemagne fund. Speaking at the MAR/Hedge 6th European Conference on Hedge Fund Investments on 12-14 February 2001 in Geneva, Mitchell focused his talk on how the introduction of the Euro has been a catalyst for corporate change.
Five years ago before the introduction of the Euro, Mitchell said that most companies
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules