Global macro managers are looking to commodities and metals for the big trends in 2006.
Sassan Alizadeh, portfolio manager of Highview Global Capital Management's Highview Global Macro Fund says: "The backwardation [of the copper market] indicates that there is a very tight supply, so our model suggests taking a long position."
The fund, which returned 14.93% in 2005, employs fundamentally based quantitative models to cross-trade systematically pairs of commodity and currency futures and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance