The GAM Asian Hedge Fund began trading on the 5 November 2001 headed by a team of three based in GAM's Hong Kong office. John Mytton and his colleagues Michael Lai and Inez Chow are running $5m of internal money in the fund and hope to introduce it to external clients.
Mytton said: 'The core markets for the fund are likely to be Australia, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore. This reflects that you can do more in those markets as a hedge fund, you can borrow stock or use the futures markets
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay