Avocet Capital Management launched its first product, the European Technology hedge fund, this Thursday. Clare Flynn, ex-manager of $1bn in pension assets at Deutsche, is the chief investment officer. The company is backed by Autonomy founder and CEO, Dr Mike Lynch.
Flynn will be supported in running the fund by two analysts and a short selling specialist and said tech markets will see more uncertainty over the medium term, which is the ideal environment for a hedge fund.
"That was what
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?