For an institution with an auditable track record of hedge fund investing running back to 1991, Mustafa Jama, managing director and chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners, concedes the firm has not always been good at self-promotion.
In fact, the hedge fund investment team pre-dates this official start-date: the team at Morgan Stanley was previously at Weyerhaeuser, where they were investing in hedge strategies 20 years ago, when the first US endowments
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?