Galaxy Asset Management was set up by Joe Chan in 1998 and is one of Hong Kong’s best-known hedge fund managers. In the early years the company traded global macro strategies across the key asset classes. It was only in 2004 that Galaxy started to focus seriously on the Asia markets.
In May 2005 it launched the flagship Galaxy China Opportunities fund. Following this came two other China-themed funds: the Galaxy China Deep Value Fund in September 2008 and Galaxy China Special Situations Fund in
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing