The name the founding partners of Swiss Hedge Capital chose for their flagship hedge fund reveals their ardour for rational decision making.
Granada Europe has no affiliation with the Andalusian city of Granada or pomegranates (‘granada’ in Spanish). It is simply easy to spell in every language, Wicky Meyer, partner at Swiss Hedge Capital, explains.
The equity long/short trading fund was launched in September 2004 after Gerhard Schreiber and Andreas Zehnder cut loose from Deutsche Bank’s
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing