Troubled UK telecoms giant British Telecom used to run an annoying advertising campaign saying that it was "good to talk". However, market sources suggest that hedge funds think it's best to cut out the chat, and instead it's good to sell.
Even though many analysts are proclaiming that stocks such as BT have fallen to very attractive levels, an analyst at one European investment bank based in London confirms that hedge funds have really started to attack the share price.
This offensive has
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing