Could we start by defining the term 'multi-strategy' as it relates to hedge funds?
Clint Carlson, Carlson Capital: The term 'multi-strategy' is only slightly more descriptive than the term 'hedge fund' - it doesn't tell you an awful lot about what the fund actually does. 'We have more than one strategy' is about all it says, so it's very hard to generalise when it comes to analysing the universe of funds pursuing multi-strategy.
Paddy Dear, Polygon Partners: People ask us who our competition i
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data