The name, he says comes from a tribe resident in east Long Island, described as a wealthy tribe. “I thought it would be nice for a hedge fund. In fact one of our two disaster recovery centres is actually in east Long Island,” Harnisch says.
Harnisch manages all aspects of the company’s investment process. Harnisch began his career at Chase Manhattan Bank in 1968. He joined Forstmann-Leff Associates in 1978 when the business managed $300 million.
He began managing that company in 1984 and became
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia