After tremendous growth over the last decade, the hedge fund industry has clearly entered a more mature stage. From an initial phase, in which some high-net-worth individuals invested in hedge funds, the industry has moved into the mainstream as more and more institutional investors have started allocating to, or at least looking at, hedge funds as a distinct asset class.
At the same time, different investment vehicles allowing exposure to hedge funds have emerged. As well as single hedge
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts