As the political uncertainty in the US finally came to a close many market participants and commentators predicted that so would the recent volatility.
Unfortunately, things have got worse and it looks like they may get a lot worse before they get better. What really seems to underlie all of the market volatility is the slowing economy. But while most investors do not see these volatile conditions as presenting an opportunity and have therefore remained on the sidelines this is not the
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing