A major US hedge fund law firm is to open an office in London to deal with the European market.
Schulte Roth & Zabel, which has been operating from New York since 1969, will launch in Savile Row in September, with the relocation of joint founding partner Dan Shapiro.
He will be joined by UK fund lawyer Christopher Hilditch, initially as a partner, with regulatory and fund lawyer Richard Thompson as special counsel. The London office will offer the full range of investment fund law advice and
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules