Daniel Mignon, whose background was in stock brokerage and asset management, founded Alpstar in 1996 which today has become widely known for being arguably one of the more successful credit-related European hedge fund groups.
On selling his business in 1996, Mignon managed private wealth at Alpstar between 1996 and 2001 and launched the Alpstar funds of hedge funds.
He then partnered with Nicolas Bravard in 2002 and together they began launching single-manager products and expanding the operations
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules