Perception is everything and the perception in Malta is that the country is nearing critical mass in the development of its funds sector. Talk with anyone involved in the hedge funds industry and things are booming. The talk is of an influx of alternative fund managers, management companies and redomiciliations as well as the setting-up of new funds.
The statistics show a vibrant sector, with overall alternative investment fund licensing picking up dramatically. However looking purely at the
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines