HSBC is upping its game in Malta. According to Chris Bond, head of global banking and markets for HSBC Bank Malta, the jurisdiction has become an important part of the global services network for the bank’s securities services as well as an integral part of the European structure.
Charles Azzopardi, managing director, HSBC Securities Services (Malta), agrees. He believes the bank has a real role to play not only in fund administration but also as an international custodian.
They confirm the Malta
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden