If you want an illustration of the influence of China in the world of commodities, look no further than Carmel Daniele at CDCapital and the firm’s fund, the CD Private Equity Natural Resources Fund.
There has been ever more media coverage of China buying up mines around the world, but they are also increasingly snapping up the world’s mining firms, mainly privately thus far.
Enter Carmel Daniele and CDCapital, whose fund is busy investing in pre-IPO natural resource and commodities firms, to
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief