With currently around $1trn in assets under management, hedge funds have seen impressive growth over the past decade and providers of such investment vehicles do not lack arguments as to why institutional investors should try to gain exposure to hedge funds.
The interest from institutional investors comes at a time when they are trying to find recovery solutions after having been dramatically affected by downturns in the equity markets.
This is especially true for institutions where
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights