London asset managers Gartmore is to open its internally managed UK smaller companies long/short portfolio for investment on 1 November.
The fund, which has been managed by Gervais Williams and Rob Giles in-house since May, already has $42m in seed money but the group is looking to raise an additional $50m before hard closing the fund.
Martin Phipps, Gartmore's head of hedge funds, said the portfolio is currently invested in 110 positions and uses a bottom-up analysis in its stock selection. The
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE