The outlook for hedge fund launches has improved significantly in recent months. However, the environment remains complex and uncertain. Hedge Funds Review looks at the issues fund managers should consider when launching new products.
The number of hedge fund launches is picking up as managers seek to capitalise on the money flowing into alternatives from pension funds and wealthy investors.
Hedge fund launches in 2009 totalled nearly 800 while just over 1,000 funds were liquidated. Lawyers
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules