The days of arguing the hedge fund industry needs to strive for respectability are long gone as this issue of Hedge Funds Review (HFR) exemplifies.
At one extreme, the French supermarket chain Carrefour is to offer hedge funds through its outlets to the retail investor and at the other end of the spectrum, LJH has recently spoken to the Bank of Japan about how hedge funds work.
While neither development means Wal-Mart in the US or Tesco in the UK are likely to start 'stacking' funds on their
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia